A shotgun of Jospeh Alexandre Robert from 1831

Voici un fusil de Joseph Alexandre Robert issu de son brevet de 1831.
Il n’est pas en superbe état mais on n’en voit pas souvent donc il à le mérite d’exister.
J’ai essayé d’en raconter son histoire, pour le voir et le lire cliquez sur le lien ci-dessous.

Here is a shotgun of Joseph Alexandre Robert from his 1831 patent.
It’s not in great condition but you don’t see it often so it deserves to exist.
I tried to tell his story, to see and read it click on the link below.

4 Likes

2 Likes

Great, must find a cartridge like that …

Me too. Someone else owns these

fusil au fonctionnement simple, vraiment intéressant

Si tu regarde attentivement le brevet de Robert de 1831 et tu fait de même avec le brevet de 1859 d’Eugène Lefaucheux tu y trouvera beaucoup de parallèles

• culasse mobile
  • mécanisme hyper simple
  • canon fixe
  • armement du chien par ouverture de la culasse

Et si tu y rajoute le brevet de son père de 1828 … avec la percussion indirecte , c’est carton plein

Hi. The GB in circle proofs that your Fusil Robert was part of the Belgian Government order. GB = Gouvernment Belge.

1 Like

Interesting information, thanks.
Can you tell me where you found that information because Belgium was a Kingdom in 1831.

Belgian Goverment (State Arsenal) owned weapons were marked GB in circle above the chamber on the barrel, all the way from 1830 to at least 1920. Compare the stamp with many examples found on the Littlegun website Nouvelle page 0)

I work in the Royal Army Museum in Brussels and we have an identical Robert rifle that was part of the Belgian Army experiments in the 1830’s

1 Like

D’accord, je comprends, je vais l’intégrer dans l’histoire de l’arme.
Je vous en remercie
Guillaume

1 Like