M1854 Brevete 12 MM Pinfire W/O Ejector

I was just curious if anyone had any info on Pinfire revolvers made without provisions for an ejector rod? I have an 1854 Liege brevete model with a serial number in the Civil War range and it was made without a place for the ejector. The only other one that I have seen was the older, unknown Pinfire that I had posted awhile back in August. Thanks in advance for your help.

1 Like

Always a picture please :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

The M1854 for the Italian army where without a fixed ejector rod …
an independent rod was provided with the revolver.

I believe yours may not have been made by Lefaucheux but by a contractor or licensee. To my knowledge none of the Belgian made M1854’s are in that “civil war” range. This applies only to the French made guns. Lefaucheux’s Liege factory did not begin production until the war was over. If yours is indeed a licensee “copy”, anything is possible. The license for the patent applied only to the mechanism, not the external appearance. If it is a “LF” made gun, it was probably numbered in a different range from the French guns. Have a really close look and see if you can find any markings which could identify the maker. Post a few pictures, if you can.

1 Like

a perfect answer, I couldn’t have said better :innocent:

It is an Italian model as you suspected. The serial number is 40416. Thank you so much for the information.

Yes this is an Italian model, made by Eugène Lefaucheux in Paris around December 1861 or January 1862.
All the detail of this revolver and orders for the Italian army are in this book …and in english

The book about Eugène Lefaucheux in English - Publications & Books | Livres - Lefaucheux Pinfire Forum (casimirlefaucheux.com)

The italian model from my collection, LF 46426 without ejector rod.

The first Italian revolvers without an ejector rod are around LF 355xx

I want to thank everyone for the valuable information. I do occasionally sell items and I want to describe the item as honestly as I can. It would be very easy to list this revolver as a Civil War imported pinfire based on the pinfire serial number range which now goes into the 50K range based on some Springfield Research info that I saw on a reputable CW dealer site. I deeply appreciate that you share your knowledge as mine is limited to a few books and internet research.

For what it’s worth, 42,522 is highest number listed in the Springfield research database.

Last few are:

SERIAL Date USAGE
39191 1863 CO B 9TH MO STATE MILITIA CAV
39242 1863 CO B 9TH MO STATE MILITIA CAV
39417 1863 CO B 9TH MO STATE MILITIA CAV
39673 1863 CO B 9TH MO STATE MILITIA CAV
39688 1863 CO B 9TH MO STATE MILITIA CAV
39857 1863 CO B 9TH MO STATE MILITIA CAV
42522 1863 CO B 9TH MO STATE MILITIA CAV