Poivrière de Casimir Lefaucheux 12 mm , 6 canons

Description de la Poivrière Casimir Lefaucheux

Poivrière signé Casimir Lefaucheux selon le brevet 1371 du 2 mai 1845 et les additifs du 7 février et 24 mai 1845.

Grosse poivrière à broche 12 mm à 6 coups d’une longueur totale de 215 mm.

Présentation version luxe, canons bronzés bruns avec le corps gravé de fleurs, de lianes et de feuilles en fonds noirci.
Crosse en ébène de forme gothique.
Sous les plaquettes de la crosse les lettres FG, dont j’ignore la signification, très probablement un intervenant.
Un bloc canon de 6 tubes lisse soudé autour d’un axe central, sans marquages ou poinçons.

Pour lire la suite veuillez cliquer sur le lien ci-dessous.

Poivrière de Casimir Lefaucheux 12 mm , 6 canons

2 Likes

That is a great revolver I have not seen before and museum grade too.
Is it a 12mm or a 50 gauge ? I only saw a 4 barrel version. Thank you.

It is a 12 mm

poivri%C3%A8re%2012%20mm%20-%20copie

1 Like

Got also these ones:

1 Like

12mm cartridges do not come close to fitting in either of mine

They are also clearly not the smaller size like Ron’s

I just realised you have a 5 shot variation I had not seen before. Very nice.
Great variations from Lefaucheux too. I have only seen my one example for sale in Australia and bought it about 1980.

Took some pictures of mine

The 4 together

The 4 cylinders

15 mm is to big and 12 mm is to small

12 mm is to big

12 mm is fitting perfectly

Eugène L .

Great revolvers and photos. Really makes you think about cartridges that fitted them. That last 5 shot definitely looks like it used a larger cartridge?
The large chamber one is interesting too. I think I agree with you that the 4 shot is 12mm. My 4 shot would fire a 9mm but maybe too much play in the chamber and it is actually an 80 bore? Pinfires are just great firearms. Ron.

@jpoyraz,

Can you share details of your 13.4mm cartridge? Maybe it is the one that would fit in @Lefaucheux’s pepperbox